As the popularity of WhatsApp soars, everyone in the modernized world wants a piece of the pie. If you think you have seen the best of WhatsApp, wait until you find your neighbor wanting to text-chat on his old Nokia 3310. Well, before we start thinking of WhatsApp non-Smartphone devices, let’s deal with WhatsApp for iPad! I am in love with iPad for their big screens! It would be a shame if you can’t use WhatsApp messenger on such devices, but with this article, your worries should be over.
For reasons best known to WhatsApp, iPad does not enjoy official support from the company. Therefore, to use WhatsApp on iPad, you have to go through the back door. Which is very fine by me as long as it works? With the trick I am going to share in this article, you will know where to download WhatsApp for iPad and start using messenger on you8r iPad like everyone else.
WhatsApp is the king of messaging apps right now. It boasts of over 1.5 billion users and still growing. The app users cut across business, social and educational interest groups and it is available in over 60 languages spreading over 180 countries around the world. The real issue with WhatsApp is its discrimination against specific devices owning, I think, to resources to provide adequate supports. You are in luck if you use iPhone because WhatsApp officially supports iPhone newer iOS versions. What we need to create with our trick is a backdoor handshake between your iPhone and iPad and that solves the problem.
How to use WhatsApp on iPad
The fact that WhatsApp does not officially support iPad doesn’t mean you can’t use it on iPad. What you need is to go through a third party route to achieve your purpose. Two methods have proven reliable to use WhatsApp on iPad; these are WhatsApp Web and the. APK software. Both ways require using your existing iPhone WhatsApp connection as a link to enjoy WhatsApp on iPad. We shall discuss each of the methods in details as follows:
First method: WhatsApp Web trick to use the app on iPad
To use WhatsApp on iPad using WhatsApp Web, you will need the following:
- Safari browser. This is an official web browser for Apple devices; you will find a safari browser on most iOS enabled media. If you don’t already have your safari set up, please do so right away because you need it as part of the ingredients for WhatsApp Web trick.
- iPhone connected to WhatsApp. You need an iPhone device that you already have WhatsApp running on it or here you can set up your WhatsApp. Make sure your iPhone iOS is supported as the app supports not all iPhone devices.
- IPad device to set up WhatsApp. You will need iPad to host your WhatsApp. This is here safari will sit to access your WhatsApp messenger when it’s all set up and ready to go!
How to install WhatsApp on iPad
- Step 1. Launch Safari on iPad. Go to web.whatsapp.com, where to download WhatsApp for iPad.
- Step 2. When the site comes up, it loads the mobile version of the website. To download WhatsApp for iPad, you need to go to the desktop version of the website. On the address bar to the right of the website, look for 3 vertical dots and click it to switch the site to the desktop version.
- Step 3. Once you are on the desktop version of the site, you will see WhatsApp QR Code. This is the code that will connect your iPad device with your iPhone to access WhatsApp.
- Step 4. On your iPhone, launch WhatsApp and find the 3 vertical dots next to search button located on the top right side of the app screen. Click the dots and look through the drop-down list for WhatsApp Web. Click WhatsApp Web to activate your scan resource of your iPhone to scan the QR Code on your iPad WhatsApp Web.
- Step 5. Once scanned, WhatsApp should load depending on the speed of your internet connection. Continue to enjoy WhatsApp on iPad.
Second Method: Using Third-Party Options
Most users do not find the Web option as easy to connect to WhatsApp on iPad, and so developers have burned the midnight oil to develop a mid-gap solution to connect WhatsApp like a default WhatsApp on the iPad device. One such third-party app is called Chat for WhatsApp. This app is free to download for all iPad users. You can search for the app on Apple Store, download and install it as you would any app and start using it after you set it up.
The downside of the third-party app for WhatsApp on iPad is the lack of notification as you do get on supported devices running default WhatsApp. But don’t worry; you will still enjoy your WhatsApp on iPad.