The new opportunities of WhatsApp application for business
A separate WhatsApp application for business on Android has recently been launched by WhatsApp team. It is intended for small businesses and is designed to simplify the communication of companies with customers.
The new application will also allow companies to create business profiles describing the company’s specialization and contacts – address, website, and e-mail. In addition, WhatsApp application for entrepreneurs and business provides the ability to compile statistics and create templates for quick answers to frequently asked questions and welcome messages describing the specifics of the business.
Among the functions of the new application are:
- Business profiles. The information will be available to the clients with a description of the business, e-mail address, website and address of the company.
- Managing messages. At the disposal of users are quick answers, which are a standard answer to frequently asked questions, welcome messages, and “not available” status.
- Statistics. Users can analyze simple indicators, for example, the number of messages read. This will help to understand which methods of attracting the audience work best.
- WhatsApp Web. WhatsApp Business messages can be received and sent to the desktop.
- Account type. People will know that they are communicating with the company since business accounts will be marked with a corresponding note. Over time, some companies will become Verified Business Accounts – after verifying that the phone number of the account is the same as the phone number of the company.
Features of the new business accounts
The company’s officials informed that soon accounts of different companies will be able to pass a check and get a mark about the authenticity of their WhatsApp accounts. According to the WhatsApp representatives, the new feature already works in the beta version of the Android application.
A green checkmark next to the name of the confirmed contacts will appear after the version of WhatsApp Android platform is updated. This tick will indicate that the service administrators have confirmed the correspondence of the company’s phone number and account.
Also, representatives of the service said that companies would be able to report on the work schedule. So, if the user has applied during non-working hours, he will receive a notification that the firm is not currently working. Business account creators will be able to manage pending messages, and ordinary users will be able to block not interesting companies.
In this case, ordinary users will be able to use WhatsApp as before, without having to download a new application. Messages from business accounts can be blocked as messages from other users or can be complained about spam sent from them.
Some later, the verification of business accounts will be introduced – the status of the “verified” company will be provided after the developers are convinced that the number registered in WhatsApp coincides with the contact phone of the company.
The new version of the application is available only for devices based on the Android operating system in the US, UK, Italy, Mexico, and Indonesia, but in the coming weeks will become available to other countries, as WhatsApp developers promise.